Friday, July 20, 2012

A Better Day

(Wednesday July 18)
Today has gone well .. I'm happy.  (Unlike yesterday which had best be left behind and unmentioned!) I caught an early market rally this morning and made my daily target or $200 -- haha how I wish I made it every day.

This left me time to relax --unfortunately I wasted 2 hours in pointless research concerning why there was such a low turn-out in the 1959 Hawaii statehood plebiscite.  Who cares!  I get into the mental arguments and reading controversial opinion.  I feel as if I must argue and do research to prove my point. It's all a stupid  ego driven waste of time.

I got so more sleep and work up at lunch time.   I send a Congratulations Card to Ginger's niece, Shelly.  She invited me to her wedding, which was Saturday.  But I wasn't up to attending.  Didn't want to be a stranger in a strange crowd.  It was sweet of her to remember me, and I appreciate the thought.

Afterwards I began so fun work.  I'm in the process of digitalizing  my life.  I want to scan and electronically save my life long collection of photographs and writings as well as some of my favorite books.  I don't want to have crap and clutter sitting in my future house.  I want as few possessions as possible.  Clothes, a computer or two, and a few cameras.  That's it.    I don't want anything to stand between me and life.

So I scanned a few books and studied Bisaya a little.  It feels good to learn a new language. I'll study a little as dinner is cooking.  Maybe I can try out a few words with Zita .. assuming we can ever get a phone connection working.  It will be good to see her.  Missed her yesterday.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  * * * * * *

  Haha.  Didn't even have a chance to start dinner.  I checked my mail first, and to my delight I found a message from her containing 10 pictures.  We didn't talk yesterday because she had to take Ashly to a book fair. She sent some pictures of the fair "to prove what she said was correct."  I must tell her that she doesn't have to prove anything to me.

  The picture of her and Uzziaha is just adorable.  And to think I am being invited into that life.  They don't have much money.  Zita doesn't even own a house. But what she does have is far and away more precious that all that I have.  Far and away.

 Now I do need to get dinner going.

No comments:

Post a Comment