Sunday, July 22, 2012

Honey ... Honey ... Honey

A beautiful Sunday Morning.  I've spent it not with my loved ones, nor soaking the sun up outside, but by planting my head inside whatever Philippine website I could find.

I fretted over visa requirements, specially my "dark" criminal past.  On the visa form there is a question about being convicted of a crime.  I asked the "Web" for an answer: should I say yes or no.

The Web came through with a sensible answer. Don't apply for a visa.  Take the free 21 day entry visa issued up landing.  Then renew it.  You can get a 39 day visa waiver.  And after that you can renew for 2 months up to a 16 month total.  Then you leave for a day and start the process all over again.

The pre-visit application also asked for a bank statement.  My statement is not likely to show much.  In-country renewal asks for an on-going ticket.  I can always purchase an open ticket. Sounds like a plan.
 
I spent yesterday removing some of the clutter in my life. Case in point is a 25 year old entertainment center, the remains of which are shown on the left.  It must go when I sell, so I took a hammer it yesterday and broke it into (barely) manageable pieces.  I carted it off piece by piece to the dumpster and removed it forever from my life.

Likewise to a new cat-house-scratching post combo, which the cats have ceased using, and which must also go.  My place feels a lot better and so do I.



The apex of my day came last night.   In the past few weeks Zita as skipped our cam session on Saturday evenings.  And on Friday she mentioned that she would be busy Saturday so she couldn't talk on the cam.

 But last evening I check YM regardless and found she had left a message:  "Honey, I am praying that you will turn on your YM."

So I shaved, put on a new shirt and fired up the computer. I had wanted a "day off" also, but I began to miss talking to her.  I was happy she choose to make contact.  I soon discovered her reasons.  Two weeks ago we made a voice connection, but since that time, neither of us could figure out how YM did that.  Last evening her compute savy friend, Lyn, paid her a visit.  And Zita asked her to see if she could make a connection.

Before Lyn arrived Zita complemented me on my flower printed shirt.  She mentioned her dress top was like my shirt and asked me how I like it. Of course, I said it was beautiful... She stood up gave an impromptu fashion show.  I tried to make a screen-snap of her front but got her back instead.  I rather like the egtra flesh (smile).

After a few minutes of tinkering, my cam when blank, then I heard a computer ring tone in my headset.  I clicked "Accept" and Zita appear. "Hello."  she said.  "Hello," I replied.  She giggled.  "Hello honey, how are you?"

And so began 60 minutes of chatter.  First up was singing.  Zita loves to sing.  (Fact #1 in my Facts About Zita notebook.)   She has a composition book full of song lyrics.  The book predates our meeting.  Yesterday morning shortly after I turned on the computer to begin trading, my YM was open.  She sent me as message telling me that she was practicing her songs.  Initially I thought this was her way of making small talk.  Now I understand she really was practicing because she wanted to sing for me.

So yesterday as I worked to demolish that old entertainment center, I took seriously her request of me to practice my singing also.  The empty room downstairs provided a nice each.  I applied a few exercises I gather from the web to and worked to sing a presentable version of "He'll Have to Go."

She asked me to go first.  Believe it or not, I did.  (And I never sing karaoke) Then she sang.  And Sang.  And sang.  Her favorite is "Promise Me".  I had sent her an mp3 of "Almost Over You."  A sang that too.  I joined her in the chorus.  "Duet" she said.

From there she talked at length about how she ran her beauty salon.  She takes pride in giving her cleints the correct information -- such as advising against a hair rebonding when it would damage her clients hair.  I learn that she gets a lot of clients through referrals.

And when she ran out of words, she would pause and say" honey, honey honey."

I learned she would like to have a house with a yard so she could plant a vegetable garden.  I learned that she washes clothes by hand.

(Good Grief) I learned that her mother is only 6 years older than I.  



(Although I enjoyed our talk, I am reluctant to talk to her tonight. It's not because I don't want to be with her.  It's because I'm afraid we will run out casual topics and venture into marriage .. it's too soon to talk of that!)  


Honey ... Honey ... Honey  

No comments:

Post a Comment